Use this TD mortgage affordability calculator to estimate how much house you can afford with your income and credit situation.
The best TD mortgage rates are on approvU. Get qualified and apply for mortgages with TD directly on approvU in 6 minutes or less—no baiting; no Spamming.
approvU allows you to instantly shop the market for the lowest mortgage rates in 3-easy steps
Provide approvU with a few details about your mortgage needs, including your financial and credit situations.
approvU searches through over 12,000 mortgages and matches you with those you are most likely to get approved.
Make your mortgage selections; complete and submit your application directly to lenders for final approval.
See Your Personalized Mortgages Online With approvU
Let’s break down the concept of mortgage affordability in simple terms. Think of it like putting together a puzzle – your finances, dreams of homeownership, and the reality of monthly payments all need to fit together snugly.
Imagine you have a big puzzle in front of you. Each puzzle piece represents a part of your financial situation.
1. Income: This is how much money you earn regularly. It’s like the foundation piece of the puzzle.
2. Expenses: Think of these as your monthly costs – groceries, bills, and other things you pay for regularly. These are the pieces that need to find their place in the puzzle.
3. Down Payment: This is like the key puzzle you need to put down upfront when buying a home.
4. Interest Rate: This piece represents how much you pay for borrowing money. It’s like a cost that you need to factor in.
5. Loan Term: How long you have to repay the borrowed money. It’s like the time limit for completing your puzzle.
Now, let’s assemble the puzzle. To ensure your homeownership dream comes together, you must ensure that all the pieces fit.
1. Income vs. Expenses: Your income should cover your expenses. This ensures that you have room to pay your monthly mortgage comfortably.
2. Down Payment: The down payment piece helps you secure the home. The more you can put down, the less you need to borrow.
3. Interest Rate and Loan Term: These pieces determine how much your monthly mortgage payments will be. Higher interest rates or longer loan terms can make payments larger.
Mortgage affordability is all about finding the right balance between these pieces. You don’t want your mortgage payment to be so big that you can’t enjoy other aspects of life. But you also want to ensure you can comfortably cover your mortgage without stress.
Mortgage affordability calculators consider all these puzzle pieces like the one TD Bank offers. They consider your income, expenses, down payment, interest rate, and loan term to estimate the maximum amount you can borrow for a mortgage.
This estimate acts like a guidepost, helping you set a budget – a financial boundary that ensures you’re not stretching yourself too thin.
TD Bank, also called TD Canada Trust, is a big financial institution with a long history of over 160 years.
It’s one of our biggest and most well-known banks, offering many banking services to people, businesses, and communities nationwide. You might recognize it by its green logo.
TD Bank cares about its customers and develops new and smart ways to help with money. The bank is also all about being part of the community. It has lots of branches and online tools to make banking easy.